Rolling Stones Poster: The Rock and Roll Circus. Illustrated Art Print.
The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus was an entertainment extravaganza planned and put on by the Rolling Stones in December 1968. Originally done as a BBC TV Special to be broadcast not long afterwards, it has never been shown.
Mick is dressed as a ringmaster, radiant and wearing his cosmic grin, John in a comical juggler's outfit with silver sequins and black lace ruffles, Yoko all in black with a pointed hat as a witch, a German cowboy in red plastic pants plonks in on "Trigger," the Stones dressed in various ancient military costumes, cavalier (Bill), roundhead (Charlie), Keith as a sort of Sgt. Pepper, and Brian in a beautiful embroidered jacket. Fire eaters, acrobats and clowns enter the ring and everyone is playing some exotic musical instrument — tubas, french horns. Rocky, the Stones bongo player, is pounding on an enormous circus drum and Yoko is playing an invisible violin. Everything is ready for the first take. A slight breathtaking pause as John kneels to retie one of his sneakers in a beautiful Zen gesture. Mick gives a mock vaudeville introduction to the wonders of the circus and the spectacle begins.
The original Stones line-up came together in public for the last time on 10 and 11 December 1968 to film the Rock and Roll Circus.
Accompanied by fellow rock luminaries such as The Who, John Lennon, Eric Clapton and Jethro Tull, they recorded five key tracks from one of the most creative periods of their career.
This is graphic interpretation of that iconic cover is pretty special, remembering the 60s, when these musicians were at their creative best!
Fine art Giclee Prints on Xpression smooth 300gsm thick paper available. (I love this, as the archival inks enhance the colours, on light texture) Reminds me a bit of the texture of concrete. (see last photo for Giclee texture ref)
Good to know:
- All prints dispatched within 7-8 business days.
- Shipping: Within UK : Royal Mail First class
- If you want an expedited shipping, please message me for courier options.
- Rest of the World: 15-25 days after dispatch delivery by Royal Mail Tracked.
- International Shipping: Sometimes if deliveries were attempted and unsuccessful, the package is returned to the PO. Please look out for a delivery note.
- The prints are not framed. Please be aware that colours may vary slightly from what you see on your screen, depending on your monitor settings.