The Pompidou Centre Paris Illustrated Art Print
The Pompidou Centre Paris. An Upside down side up poster.
Size Guide: A5: 5.8 x 8.3in | A4: 8.27 x 11.69in | A3: 11.69 x 16.5in | A2: 16.5 x 23.4in | A1: 23.4 x 33.1in
Which side of the Pompidou do you love more?
I first visited the Pompidou Centre way back in 2006. It was during one of those whirlwind 'see all you can in one day' Paris tours.
The guide described the building as one of the ugliest buildings in Paris. At that time I couldnt understand why, it was really unique- the colourful tubes, the cage like structure. It was like nothing I had ever seen in all of Europe.
In the summer of 2017, I got a chance to visit Paris again. Not in a hurry, I spent a whole afternoon here and actually had the time to marvel at this gorgeous building.
In 1971, French president Georges Pompidou announced an architectural competition for the center. The design was awarded to Piano+Rogers, and Ove Arup & Partners was brought on as the engineer. The competition brief called for an "architectural and urban complex which will mark our century." This more than meets the brief.
"The centre is like a huge spaceship made of glass, steel and coloured tubing that landed unexpectedly in the heart of the Paris, and where it would very quickly set deep roots," said Piano.
Good to know:
- All prints dispatched in 10 working days.
- Shipping: Within UK : Royal Mail First class (1-2 Days Delivery)
- Rest of the World: 10-15 days delivery by Royal Mail Tracked.
- International Shipping: Sometimes if deliveries were attempted and unsuccessful, the package is returned to the PO. And if still unclaimed, it gets sent back to the UK. I will try my best to trace, but I cannot be held responsible if delivery was missed. For this reason I provide a tracking code, which clearly indicates where the package is and if delivery was attempted.
- The prints are not framed. Please be aware that colours may vary slightly from what you see on your screen, depending on your monitor settings.