The Life Aquatic featuring Seu Jorge and David Bowie Illustrated Art print.
Wes Anderson and David Bowie! I have always wanted to make a print of The Life Aquatic.
Recently I was listening to the studio sessions of Seu Jorge, and the idea came to me, to combine the best bits of the movie and the music.
In his role as dos Santos, a singing sailor, Jorge performed several of Bowie’s songs in the film, including “Rebel, Rebel,” “Life on Mars” and “Starman.” But in a twist, he did it in Portuguese, accompanying himself simply with acoustic guitar.
The fact that he sang them in Portugese, and admitted to having liberally changed the lyrics in many instances, didn’t faze Bowie, who had this to say in the album’s liner notes: "Had Seu Jorge not recorded my songs in Portuguese, I would never have heard this new level of beauty which he has imbued them with.”
Very recently Seu Jorge in a deeply personal tribute performed in the Royal Albert Hall in London. Wearing his signature red toque, he treated the audience to an enchanting journey through his bossa-flavoured Bowie covers, songs which were never performed in front of a live audience until 2016.
For this illustration I picked a frame from the film which seemed so calm and surreal, Seu playing the guitar on the backdrop of an endless ocean.
This would make a great gift for a Wes Anderson or a Bowie fan, a subtle tribute to the legend.
Fine art Giclee Prints on Xpression smooth 300gsm thick paper available. (I love this, as the archival inks enhance the colours, on light texture)
Good to know:
- All prints dispatched within 7-8 working days.
- Shipping: Within UK : Royal Mail First class (1-2 Days Delivery after dispatch)
- If you want an expedited shipping, please message me for courier options.
- Rest of the World: 15-25 days after dispatch delivery by Royal Mail Tracked.
- International Shipping: Sometimes if deliveries were attempted and unsuccessful, the package is returned to the PO. Please look out for a delivery note.
- The prints are not framed. Please be aware that colours may vary slightly from what you see on your screen, depending on your monitor settings.