The Guggenheim Bilbao Illustrated Art Printby Eye for London Prints
The Guggenheim Bilbao Art Prints in A4, A3, A2, A1 sizes.
Size Guide: A5: 5.8 x 8.3in | A4: 8.27 x 11.69in | A3: 11.69 x 16.5in | A2: 16.5 x 23.4in | A1: 23.4 x 33.1in
Fine art Giclee Prints on 300gsm texture paper available. (I love this, as the archival inks enhance the colours, on light texture) Reminds me a bit of concrete for this design!
For a simple and quaint town in the hills, dotted with traditional stone houses and flower lined balconies, it must have taken quite some time to get used to the sight of this monstrous block of titanium and glass bang in the middle of the city. It put Bilbao on the global map, sending tourists like me clopping through the cobbled streets, eager to investigate this marvel of architecture.
When he got to Bilbao a month before it opened, says Frank Gehry, “I went over the hill and saw it shining there. I thought: ‘What the f*** have I done to these people?’”
It has given its name to the “Bilbao effect” – a phenomenon whereby cultural investment plus showy architecture is supposed to equal economic uplift for cities down on their luck. The term, however, has also been employed by critics who have denounced the museum as a symbol of gentrification and cultural imperialism
In this illustration, I wanted to capture how the ship- building draws inspiration from the river that runs alongside... the turns, the curves, the flow!
Good to know:
- All prints dispatched in 10 working days.
- Shipping: Within UK : Royal Mail First class (1-2 Days Delivery)
- Rest of the World: 10-15 days delivery by Royal Mail Tracked.
- International Shipping: Sometimes if deliveries were attempted and unsuccessful, the package is returned to the PO. And if still unclaimed, it gets sent back to the UK. I will try my best to trace, but I cannot be held responsible if delivery was missed. For this reason I provide a tracking code, which clearly indicates where the package is and if delivery was attempted.
- The prints are not framed. Please be aware that colours may vary slightly from what you see on your screen, depending on your monitor settings.