The Magnificient ceiling of London's King's Cross Art Print.
The criss-crossing steel structure unfurls like a tree from columns in front of this elevation and folds down around the space.
"It is the greatest station building, ever," declares architect John McAslan, and it is certainly impressive. Its main effect is a mighty oomph as you enter, from whatever direction, caused by the abundance of space and the unity of the structure. It is big and single-minded and has a generosity to which we have grown unused.
A stark black and white print to enhance the magnificence of this much overlooked architectural gem, or the coloured artwork representing the various underground lines that converge in this central station.
I used to live in Cally Road, and Kings Cross St Pancras was my regular haunt. I used to enjoy wandering about the station late in the evenings, when the ceiling was lit up looking lovely.
Good to know:
- All prints dispatched in 12 working days.
- Shipping: Within UK : Royal Mail First class
- Rest of the World: 10-25 days delivery after dispatch by Royal Mail Tracked.
- International Shipping: Sometimes if deliveries were attempted and unsuccessful, the package is returned to the PO. Please look out for a delivery note.
- The prints are not framed. Please be aware that colours may vary slightly from what you see on your screen, depending on your monitor settings.