Grafity's Wall. A Special Edition Illustrated Print of Street Art and Culture.
Ram V, from Eye for London prints, is working with a bunch of super talented artists to crowd fund a graphic novel 'Grafity's Wall' featuring stories of Mumbai.
This beautiful print is of a hand drawn illustration by the very talented artists Anand R.K and Irma Kniivila.
It features 'Grafity', the protagonist from the book.
When an aspiring street artist by the name of 'Grafity' watches the tenements outside his home being razed, he finds an unlikely canvas at the one wall still left standing in the debris. Over the next weeks, he begins creating a mural on the wall, one that chronicles the lives of his friends: A local low-level fixer named Jay who harbors dreams of being a rapper. A brilliant and awkward boy named Chasma who writes love letters in his breaks between waiting tables at a local 'Chinese' restaurant. And Saira, an aspiring actress with ambitions so fierce that they threaten to consume her and all those around her. As the mural progresses, the story gives us glimpses into these incandescent lives, their hopes and dreams both inspired and impeded by their circumstances, and the impossible city that they live in.
Proceeds from the sale of this print, will go towards the crowd- funding of 'Grafity's Wall' - A coming-of-age Graphic Novel about expression, rebellion, ambition and acceptance painted against the backdrop of Mumbai's ever changing and evolving street-culture.
If you would like to pledge to grab one of the first editions of the book, or any of the other yummy rewards, please head to the Unbound.com to back this project.
Fine art Giclee Prints on Xpression smooth 300gsm thick paper available. (I love this, as the archival inks enhance the colours, on light texture) Reminds me a bit of the texture of concrete. (see last photo for Giclee texture ref)
Good to know:
- All prints dispatched in 12 working days.
- Shipping: Within UK : Royal Mail First class
- If you want an expedited shipping, please message me for courier options.
- Rest of the World: 15-25 days after dispatch delivery by Royal Mail Tracked.
- International Shipping: Sometimes if deliveries were attempted and unsuccessful, the package is returned to the PO. Please look out for a delivery note.
- The prints are not framed. Please be aware that colours may vary slightly from what you see on your screen, depending on your monitor settings.