Frank Llloyd Wright's Guggenheim New York Illustrated Art Printby Eye for London Prints
Frank Llloyd Wright's Guggenheim New York Illustrated Art Print
The Solomon R Guggenheim museum, commonly referred to as the Guggenheim, is one of Wright's most iconic projects of the 20th century. It was completed in 1959 and named an official New York City landmark in 1990.
Aiming to break away from the traditional museum layout, which forced visitors to progress from space to space and then back through to exit, Wright designed the gallery as a continuous ramp.
The exterior which looks like an inverted ziggurat is fairly deceptive, as when you walk in it suddenly feels huge and expansive, a Tardis... a central large atrium topped by a huge domed skylight. The spiralling ramp, drags the eye to a central point of focus, the spider web like ceiling.
The museum was commissioned by wealthy philanthropist Solomon R Guggenheim, to showcase his private collection of art that included Kandinsky, Paul Klee and Piet Mondrian. The colours in the illustration are a subtle homage to the artists whose artworks were so rich and bold.
Fine art Giclee Prints on Xpression smooth 300gsm thick paper available. (I love this, as the archival inks enhance the colours, on light texture) (see last photo for Giclee texture ref)
Good to know:
- All prints dispatched within 7-8 working days.
- Shipping: Within UK : Royal Mail First class (1-2 Days Delivery after dispatch)
- If you want an expedited shipping, please message me for courier options.
- Rest of the World: 15-25 days after dispatch delivery by Royal Mail Tracked.
- International Shipping: Sometimes if deliveries were attempted and unsuccessful, the package is returned to the PO. Please look out for a delivery note.
- The prints are not framed. Please be aware that colours may vary slightly from what you see on your screen, depending on your monitor settings.