'The Blue Clown Bowie' Illustrated Art Print inspired by David Bowie
'The Blue Clown' Illustrated Art Print
David Bowie. The boy from Brixton.
The man who fell to Earth has finally gone home, but he will live in our hearts forever. Not only is his music timeless, his contribution in the field of design cannot be underestimated.
Bowie ushered in 1980 by taking his glam rock fashion stylings and going fully operatic with them. The Blue Clown, or Pierrot, was an outfit worn by Bowie in his "Ashes to Ashes" video, and was also used on the cover of Scary Monsters.
In this video, he revisited his long time fascination with 'sad clown' figure Pierrot. The suit comprised a series of petal-life metallic panels, worn with shimmering tights, a white hat and pale makeup applied to look like a mask.
The video as well as this costume is so surreal, and one of my personal favourites.
Fine art Giclee Prints on Xpression smooth 300gsm thick paper available. (I love this, as the archival inks enhance the colours, on light texture) Reminds me a bit of the texture of concrete. (see last photo for Giclee texture ref)
Good to know:
- All prints dispatched within 7-8 working days.
- Shipping: Within UK : Royal Mail First class (1-2 Days Delivery after dispatch)
- If you want an expedited shipping, please message me for courier options.
- Rest of the World: 15-25 days after dispatch delivery by Royal Mail Tracked.
- International Shipping: Sometimes if deliveries were attempted and unsuccessful, the package is returned to the PO. Please look out for a delivery note.
- The prints are not framed. Please be aware that colours may vary slightly from what you see on your screen, depending on your monitor settings.