David Bowie as the 'Space Samurai' Illustrated Art Printby Eye for London Prints
'Space Samurai' Bowie avatar.
David Bowie will live in our hearts forever. Not only is his music timeless, his contribution in the field of design cannot be underestimated.
"Space-samurai", the metallic body suit made out of shiny black, red, and blue material, quilted. It has a short black turtleneck, and the long-sleeve arms have a blue section in the middle surrounded by black.
The wearing of exotic, spacey, Japan-inspired outfits by Bowie-as-alien Ziggy Stardust put Japonism center stage in the fashion scene of the West, placing a seal of approval on inspirations from Japan, which in the early ’70s was still considered an indecipherable, alien nation.
I really enjoyed designing the series of prints, listening to my favourite track 'Space Oddity' on loop!
Fine art Giclee Prints on Xpression smooth 300gsm thick paper available. (I love this, as the archival inks enhance the colours, on light texture) Reminds me a bit of the texture of concrete. (see last photo for Giclee texture ref)
Good to know:
-All prints dispatched within 7-8 working days..
- Shipping: Within UK : Royal Mail First class (1-2 Days Delivery after dispatch)
- If you want an expedited shipping, please message me for courier options.
- Rest of the World: 15-25 days after dispatch delivery by Royal Mail Tracked.
- International Shipping: Sometimes if deliveries were attempted and unsuccessful, the package is returned to the PO. Please look out for a delivery note.
- The prints are not framed. Please be aware that colours may vary slightly from what you see on your screen, depending on your monitor settings.