Art Deco London : The Hoover Building Illustrated Art Print
The Hoover Building. A Striking Art Deco Building in West London.
The bright aquamarine windows in the backdrop of white, the glazed ceramics on the main entrance facade, the patterned black grills on the door, are some of the reasons why I just absolutely love this building and Art Deco architecture!
Described as, "a sort of Art Deco Wentworth Woodhouse - with whizzing window curves derived from Erich Mendelsohn's work in Germany, and splashes of primary colour from the Aztec and Mayan fashions at the 1925 Paris Exhibition."
In 1931 Ohio-based vacuum cleaner makers the Hoover Company commissioned Wallis, Gilbert and Partners to create a factory on the Western Avenue in Perivale.
The Art Deco building was constructed using “Snowcreate” which is a white concrete that always will stay looking like new even after the harshest of British weathers and is decorated with bright coloured faience (glazed ceramic inspired by ancient Egypt). At night the building is illuminated with fluorescent green light - which makes the building visible to airlne passenger arrivals to nearby Heathrow airport.
Fine art Giclee Prints on Xpression smooth 300gsm thick paper available. (I love this, as the archival inks enhance the colours, on light texture) Reminds me a bit of the texture of concrete. (see last pic for giclee texture ref)
Good to know:
- All prints dispatched within 6-8 working days.
- Shipping: Within UK : Royal Mail First class (1-2 Days Delivery after dispatch)
- If you want an expedited shipping, please message me for courier options.
- Rest of the World: 15-25 days after dispatch delivery by Royal Mail Tracked.
- International Shipping: Sometimes if deliveries were attempted and unsuccessful, the package is returned to the PO. Please look out for a delivery note.
- The prints are not framed. Please be aware that colours may vary slightly from what you see on your screen, depending on your monitor settings.